As part of my resolutions for a more purposeful life this year, I have a goal to read 25 books and one of the books on my list is “You Are a Badass” by Jennifer Sincero. I finished it yesterday and it should be on the required reading list of anyone with a beating heart.
I don’t even know how I stumbled upon the book to put it on my Goodreads Want To Read List, but I know I was a big fan of the title. Who doesn’t like to consider themselves a badass, if only on occasion? Someone who doesn’t take any crap, who goes after their dreams with reckless abandon and who doesn’t stop until they are living the life they always dreamed of…..Yes, please! Sign me up!
A couple months ago, while I was at the library, I tried to find this book on the stacks by myself – Have you ever tried to find non-fiction books at the library? You need a GPS to figure out which topics are where within the Dewey Decimal System and Lord help you if someone shelved it incorrectly. – but after awhile I had to give in and ask the librarian for help because this blind squirrel couldn’t find this particular nut.
Bad news is that they didn’t have it, but at least I wasn’t crazy for not being able to find it! Good news is they could get it through another library with an inter-library loan. Super awesome. I didn’t even know that was a thing, but let’s do it!
Fast forward two months because the book is so stinking fabulous that the first three libraries they contacted refused to lend it out and “You Are a Badass” is finally in my eager little hands courtesy of the Ocean County Library.
It took me all of two pages to realize that Jennifer Sincero had crawled into my brain and was telling me like it is. She is blunt, hilarious, relatable and very good at getting her point across in a concise manner with excellent analogies that really hit the message home.
I loved every single second of reading this book – including the hard parts…especially the hard parts – and, as soon as I return this book to the library, I am buying my own copy and, if you’re a friend of mine, get excited because there’s a good chance you’ll be getting one in the mail in the not too distant future. It is THAT good.
Do not even think about it. Make the choice to do more and be more and take action to live the life you’ve always imagined for yourself, but were too scared to even consider the possibility that it could be a reality and start with this book.
Do it. Now.
I promise….you will not regret it.
I am a badass and so are you….Go get this book!
Julie is a self-improvement junkie who loves to travel, wear pretty dresses, eat big breakfast and watch all the sunsets. She’s been there and done that and sharing all her life lessons with you. Read more
- I have a confession to make. I haven’t painted my …Read More »
- While I usually love a good walking tour and learning …Read More »
- Not long ago, I was talking with a friend and …Read More »
- When I taught myself how to knit in college and …Read More »
- I truthfully have no idea how I stumbled upon The …Read More »
- Towards the end of a three week trip through …Read More »
- When I was in grade school, we had this really …Read More »
- As you know, I’m presently on a little European adventure …Read More »
- If you’ve been paying attention or following me on twitter, …Read More »
- As I’m posting pictures from another European adventure to cover …Read More »
- On my continuing crusade against an oily t-zone, I started …Read More »
- I love a new year, new month, new week, new …Read More »