Warning: Use of undefined constant large - assumed 'large' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/thingsidtellmysister.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/sistermaya2018/single.php on line 116
I decided a long time ago to walk in faith and not live in fear, but that doesn’t mean I am exempt from days, weeks and sometimes even months of doubt.
You know…those times when we just don’t get it. Why is this happening? …or not happening, as the case may be, and you ask – sometimes beg – God to give you a glimpse of the bigger picture so you can understand better.
But, the second the word “understand” crosses my mind or comes out of my mouth, I am instantly reminded of Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
We are on a need to know basis with God and some times – maybe even most of the time – we don’t need to know. Unfortunately, that doesn’t stop us from wanting to know and going crazy trying to figure it out and put all the puzzle pieces together and getting frustrated because this one piece just doesn’t seem to fit before you finally throw it across the room and crumble to the floor in a puddle of tears. In moments like this, it’s nearly impossible to comprehend that this is an opportunity to walk in faith because, “I just want to know whyyyyyy!”
So when I don’t understand why life is going down the way it’s going down, I try my best to have faith and trust in what I can not see and believe that God has something amazing in store for me whether my prayers are answered or not. Obviously, this is much easier said than done, but I still try.
God works in many ways and He will always have our back. Always. This is where having an Attitude of Gratitude comes in handy. On the days that doubt creeps into my head and sometimes settles in for an extended stay, I think of all the other times God has blessed me in abundance – the days he answered my prayers or completely surprised me by answering prayers I didn’t even know I was praying or the days he saved me from disaster by not answering my prayers – and am reminded by all the amazing things God has done in my own life that I have seen and felt and experienced to know that God is real and He loves me and will not leave me high and dry in this particular situation either.
You may not always like what He’s doing – or not doing – and you might think His timing is questionable, but He always comes through and at just the right time. So trust in God and don’t worry about what you don’t understand. Eventually, it will come to you in a bit of an epiphany and the puzzle piece will finally fit and you’ll go, “Ohhhhhhh….that’s why that happened!!” and you can add this experience to your Try to Have Faith Because All These Other Awesome Things Happened List the next time doubt shows up with an overnight bag.
Julie is a self-improvement junkie who loves to travel, wear pretty dresses, eat big breakfast and watch all the sunsets. She’s been there and done that and sharing all her life lessons with you. Read more
- This dress! I had been eyeing this one up for …Read More »
- For the past five years, I’ve been choosing a theme …Read More »
- I have a confession to make. I haven’t painted my …Read More »
- While I usually love a good walking tour and learning …Read More »
- Not long ago, I was talking with a friend and …Read More »
- When I taught myself how to knit in college and …Read More »
- I truthfully have no idea how I stumbled upon The …Read More »
- Ladies…I have found it! After searching for what seems like …Read More »
- Towards the end of a three week trip through …Read More »
- When I was in grade school, we had this really …Read More »
- As you know, I’m presently on a little European adventure …Read More »
- If you’ve been paying attention or following me on twitter, …Read More »