Warning: Use of undefined constant large - assumed 'large' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/thingsidtellmysister.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/sistermaya2018/single.php on line 116
That’s it…I’ve had enough.
I’m officially declaring war on my oily t-zone.
Ever since I hit puberty, my face has been an absolute oil slick. Over the years, the acne has settled down, but don’t get it twisted…instead of waking up to a new growth on my face every other day, it’s slowed to once a week. My face is still good for at least two or three volcanic eruptions a month, a variety of clogged pores, and the occasional cystic zit that doesn’t want to go away.
It seems like as soon as one spot finally starts to heal, another pops up and I’m 100% over it. I am literally too old for this nonsense.
I’ve masked the insanity with good make up for years, but now I’m in a job where I’m wearing heavy makeup pretty much all day every day and, by 5pm, there is so much oil on my face that it feels like my make up is literally floating on top of it. It’s disgusting. Yesterday, I scratched above my eyebrow, saw the make up on my finger tip and realized I had left an actual streak across my forehead.
I have tried blotters and oil absorbing powders and sprays and everything “matte”, but those are just bandaids. There are even days when I want to completely wash my face in the middle of the day and start over because it would be easier than trying to blot up all the oil, which usually messes up my make up anyway. I want my make up to be like a crock pot. I want to set it and forget it!
But the truth is, those mattifying products don’t actually solve anything or even really help the situation because they’re temporary. So, I’ve decided to change up my approach. I want a solution, something that will get to the root of the problem and actually fix it, not just cover it up.
I don’t know what that is and I truly don’t know if such a thing exists, but I do know that I’m going to try everything I can because this is ridiculous.
Dear Oily T-Zone,
We’ve been though a lot together, but it’s time for you to go. You have been a pain in my arse since the sixth grade and I’m ready to end this toxic relationship. Go find someone else to irritate.
Please let this letter serve as an all out declaration of war against you. I will stop at nothing to defeat you.
PS. To keep you updated on the battle, here’s everything I’ve tried to help you wage your own war against an oily t-zone:
Biore Pore Strips
Charcoal Face Wash
Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation
Ulta Rose Water Setting Spray
Julie is a self-improvement junkie who loves to travel, wear pretty dresses, eat big breakfast and watch all the sunsets. She’s been there and done that and sharing all her life lessons with you. Read more
- This dress! I had been eyeing this one up for …Read More »
- For the past five years, I’ve been choosing a theme …Read More »
- I have a confession to make. I haven’t painted my …Read More »
- While I usually love a good walking tour and learning …Read More »
- Not long ago, I was talking with a friend and …Read More »
- When I taught myself how to knit in college and …Read More »
- I truthfully have no idea how I stumbled upon The …Read More »
- Ladies…I have found it! After searching for what seems like …Read More »
- Towards the end of a three week trip through …Read More »
- When I was in grade school, we had this really …Read More »
- As you know, I’m presently on a little European adventure …Read More »
- If you’ve been paying attention or following me on twitter, …Read More »