Warning: Use of undefined constant large - assumed 'large' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/thingsidtellmysister.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/sistermaya2018/single.php on line 116
I had been eyeing this one up for awhile and I love it even more in person. The fabric is outrageously soft and lightweight – It feels like butter on your skin – and that makes it super transitional and an all-year-round kind of dress. I also love the asymmetrical hem. I think it provides a modern twist to a classic print. And, I love that you can dress it up or dress it down as I’m about to show you. Here are four different ways to style this red and black plaid dress.
Fun & Flirty
I wanted this look to be effortless, like I literally just threw it together. So, I started with a messy bun and a black scrunci with tails for a flirty vibe. I also went with basic gold ball earrings and a simple gold ring, but opted for more of a statement with a chunky chainlink bracelet. I love this camel colored tote for it’s versatility and how much stuff you can actually fit inside it. And, I finished the look with my favorite white sneakers and a jean jacket that doubles as a belt. Don’t forget to roll up the sleeves to amp up the casual effect!
I feel like black pantyhose are a lot like blazers in the sense that when an outfit is borderline appropriate for work, you can just pair it with black pantyhose to push it over the edge of acceptability. That said, no one said they had to be boring! I opted for one with a very subtle pattern to keep it on trend and paired it with my go-to black patent leather heels. I went with subtle details to provide some interest with this look. The skinny black patent leather belt with the bow detail and the black satin headband – one of my favorite dollar store finds! – add a touch of sweetness and the black dome purse and the gold and black earring and necklace set bring it back into professional balance. I completed the look with a fun geometric gold cocktail ring for a dash of personality.
This bonus look was mandatory because I accept all reasons to wear patterned panty hose and I simply couldn’t pass this one up! I mean look how amazing that diamond pattern looks with this dress!! Went with these fabulous high heeled ankle boots, a wide belt, a glittery gold bag, a chain link ring and necklace and big gold coin earrings to complete the look.
This look was all about the over the knee black suede boots. Legit…nothing else mattered! They’re instant sex appeal. Sign me up! Kept the wide belt and went with a long back cabochon drop earring for that pop of “extra.” I also went with this metallic python purse to show you that you can accessorize this dress with silver too and added my initial ring, just because I like it. 🙂
- If the dress is sold out, here’s a similar style and another option and one more, just in case!
- If you like the white sneakers and it’s your first purchase with that brand, use this link to save $20 off.
- As always, since I shop my actual closet to put these looks together, if I couldn’t link the actual item I’m wearing, I’ve linked something similar.
- If a link is broken or an item is not available, DM me on IG and I’ll find you another option!
Julie is a self-improvement junkie who loves to travel, wear pretty dresses, eat big breakfast and watch all the sunsets. She’s been there and done that and sharing all her life lessons with you. Read more
- For the past five years, I’ve been choosing a theme …Read More »
- I have a confession to make. I haven’t painted my …Read More »
- While I usually love a good walking tour and learning …Read More »
- Not long ago, I was talking with a friend and …Read More »
- When I taught myself how to knit in college and …Read More »
- I truthfully have no idea how I stumbled upon The …Read More »
- Ladies…I have found it! After searching for what seems like …Read More »
- Towards the end of a three week trip through …Read More »
- When I was in grade school, we had this really …Read More »
- As you know, I’m presently on a little European adventure …Read More »
- If you’ve been paying attention or following me on twitter, …Read More »
- As I’m posting pictures from another European adventure to cover …Read More »